- News & Events
- Fiction & Non Fiction
- View all essays published by this Author
- View all poems published by this author
- View all stories published by this author
- View all translations of this author
- Marcel Proust was born in 10 July 1871 in Auteuil, near Paris, and died in November 18, 1922. He was a French novelist, essayist and critic, best known as the author of "À la recherche du temps perdu", a monumental work of twentieth-century fiction published in seven parts from 1913 to 1927. Proust is generally considered a pioneer of the modern novel. He made a clear distinction between man and work.